Here's a list of improvments to expect with the brand new version 2.2.1 of Orbitas RMS:
Added flexibility and transparency
- Rename your job at your pleasure. Previously, once a job was uploaded, the job name was set permanently. Now, job names can be modified after initial upload.
- All DataOrbit™ jobs (not manually deleted from the site), have now been imported into Orbitas. They are visible to Subscription Administrators as “Legacy Archives”. These legacy archives can now be restored and used inside Orbitas.
- A new "Status" feature indicates in what state a given job is currently.
Current values are:
- Pending - Job is being processed by the system.
- Available - Job has been uploaded by a user and is now available to be exported, archived or dispatched to another user.
- Active - Job has been “dispatched” to a user and can not be archived or dispatched until it is no longer active. Only the active user can upload to the job.
- Locked - Job has been restored from archive or revoked from an active user. No user can modify the job until it is dispatched again.
- Archived - Job has been archived by a Subscription Administrator and can only be restored by a Subscription Administrator.
- Legacy Archive - Job that was archived to Orbitas from DataOrbit™. Only a Subscription Administrator can see or restore this job to a current Orbitas status.
Improved User Interface:
View your data your way
- Preview icons, view new “status” indicators for job states and see when your licenses were last renewed and when they expire.
- Sort your data in the order that you prefer. With sortable columns you can now sort your data aplphabetically or by date.
New tools to manage your workflows
- All icons uploaded to Orbitas are available to use by all users. This means you will be able to choose and utilize any icon in the Orbitas system, giving you access to hundreds of new ways of visualizing your points, lines and tabs inside Orbitas.
- A Microsoft XLS method has been created for modifying configurations. Full details on how a Subscription Administrator could modify their configuration with Microsoft XLS can be found here on the newly revamped FAQ site: https://www.orbitas.xyz/faq-page?categoryId=10&faqId=55
Orbitas Resource Management Services (ORMS):
Custom data integration that scales with you.
- All ORMS are additional features that can be added to any subscription. Contact your Tri-Global representative for details.
- Maintain a safe and secure version of your dataset.
- Integrate your inspection and collection workflows directly into your dataset via job exports.
- Update and download your resources on demand.
- Utilize larger datasets than can be handled by normal imports.
- Manipulate datasets with our advanced processing tools.
- Integrate your inspection and collection workflows directly into your internal data stores.
- Utilize data from outside the Orbitas job model to inform custom processes.
- Project Management
Manage and manipulate multiple jobs in a web environment before export and / or dispatch.
- Login from the newly revamped Tri-Global website or directly by visiting www.orbitas.xyz or www.orbitaspro.com
- Partner Software users can now utilize Orbitas directly in the field. This allows Partner users to start taking advantage of the new Asteri MFi receiver and enhanced Orbitas field features, without losing their direct Partner import!
- As you may or may not know, the State Plane system is critical for accurate distance and angle measurements with geographic products. However, conventional systems require the user to understand their State Plane zones, and when they cross into a different zone. Orbitas will now utilize the “Auto State Plane” feature to determine the proper zone for any user in the 50 United States.
To make use of some of these new features and add to them, the release will coincide with the full release of Orbitas Field for iOS version 1.0.5
Some of the enhancements you will find are:
- New Angle Bisector tool, to make use of the “Auto State Plane” feature mentioned above.
- Span bearings added into the location grid.
- Enhanced notifications upon login failures.
- Usage of relational features in the background, and separation of backgrounds into layers that can be turned on and off by a user.
- Quick Features will now be “removed” from the data set, unless a user has customized quick features. This is to prevent accidental usage by a client that is not configured to use them.
- Quick Features can now apply symbology.
- Enhancements to the photo upload process.
- Enhanced reporting for user Login and Authentication processes.
- Users can no longer accidentally rename their Lines or Location types manually, instead they are forced to grab values from the pre-defined list preventing database errors.
We are committed to keeping you informed on the latest and greatest enhancements to Orbitas. Look out for messages in the future regarding what Orbitas can do for you.